|Seasons are underway for the ever-popular geese, duck, whitetail and turkey. The Outdoor Annual provides the specifics of where, when and what species are in season.Other ongoing and upcoming seasons to anticipate in some zones are:
- Late Dove – December 20-January 5 or 20 depending on zone
- Pheasant – December 7-January 5 in 37 counties
- Quail – October 26-February 23
- Turkey – Various fall and spring dates depending on county
- Chachalaca – November 2-February 23 in 4 counties
Check the Outdoor Annual from the Department of Texas Parks and Wildlife for detailed information about seasons, zones, counties and bag and possession limits.