Purina Equine Adult Horse Feed
Your horse’s adult years are often the most productive and rewarding, but maintaining proper dietary balance to meet his needs can be complicated. This is where Purina Equine Adult Horse Feed with Outlast Gastric Support can help.
That’s why the Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center formulated Purina Equine Adult Horse Feed to take the guesswork out of feeding your active pleasure horse. The formula was developed to ensure that your horse always gets all the nutrition he needs in one bag. Purina Equine Adult Horse Feed provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals, so there is no need for expensive nutritional supplements. And because Equine Adult horse feed is a complete feed with high-quality forage built in, you can feel confident that your horse’s entire ration is precisely balanced to meet his nutritional needs.
100% vitamins and minerals, controlled starches and sugars make appropriate for horses with soluble carbohydrate sensitivities, formulated with no corn or molasses, built in forage.
|Crude Protein (min)||11.00%|
|Crude Fat (min)||3.00%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||25.00%|
|Copper (min)||40.00 ppm|
|Selenium (min)||0.30 ppm|
|Zinc (min)||120.00 ppm|
|Vitamin A (min)||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D3 (min)||600 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E (min)||80 IU/lb|
|Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Maintenance –Minimum Activity||7.5||Maintenance –Minimum Activity||7.5||Maintenance –Minimum Activity||7.5||Maintenance –Minimum Activity|
|Maintenance –Average Activity||8.25||Maintenance –Average Activity||8.25||Maintenance –Average Activity||8.25||Maintenance –Average Activity|
- Equine Adult® horse feed may be fed as a complete feed because it is formulated with high-quality roughage.Good quality hay or pasture may be fed along with Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed. When fed with hay, reduce about 1.0 lb for each 1.5-2.0 lbs of hay offered.
- Weight management program: Feeding Equine Adult® horse feed at a reduced rate can help horses that are obese. Begin by cutting the recommended feeding rate by 10 percent. Continue to adjust the rate until you reach the desired weight for your horse, then return to the feeding rates that are recommended for your horse's weight and activity level.
- Miniature horses and ponies: Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed is an ideal complete feed for miniature horses and ponies at maintenance and light work activity levels. For feeding directions for miniature horses and ponies, please contact your Purina® horse feed retailer, a Purina® Sales Representative or our Customer Service Department.
- Winter feeding: In the winter, the amount of feed may need to be increased by 10-15% to offset the increased calorie requirements of maintaining body condition.Every horse is unique. After observing the horse for a period of time, you may want to increase or decrease the daily feeding amount of Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed by up to 10% to obtain desired overall body condition and appearance. Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed may be fed as a complete feed because it is formulated with high-quality roughage. You may feed with or without hay or pasture per directions.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.